Visiting Bogota in 2018
See below for all of the information you need as a member of King's Church International interested in attending the G12 International Conference in Bogota Colombia, January 2018.
Where & When?
Each year thousands of people from around the world meet in Bogota, Colombia to receive teaching, training and ministry from international speakers at International Charismatic Mission (MCI). MCI is the church founded by Pastor Cesar Castellanos, founder of the G12 Vision and pastor to our own senior pastor, Pastor Wes Richards.
The 2018 Conference runs from Monday 22-Saturday 27 January and we have recommended flights and travel arrangements below.
We highly recommend using these arrangements when visiting Bogota. They are split into areas that you will arrange yourself (including flights, accommodation, tickets) and areas that we will arrange on your behalf (including local transport & guides). Although Bogota is a much safer place than it was in the recent past, we would like to know everyone has made appropriate plans for a safe and enjoyable trip.
We will give two options for flights and will provide transport only for these times. Our planned trip options are Friday 19-Sunday 28 January or Saturday 20-Sunday 28 January. Recommended flight numbers will be added by Monday 20 November.
We have negotiated excellent rates at the NH Royal Urban Hotel which is close to the conference; and have arranged transport from this hotel to the conference. The tariffs are as follows:
- Single room USD$60 per night
- Double room USD$68 per night (only $34 per person per night!)
- Triple room USD$68 per night (only $23 per person per night!)
To get the special rates, you must book your rooms book by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention you are from KCI, UK.
These special rates expire on the first week of January 2018. There is no tax to pay as long as you get the tax exemption form when you land at the airport.
To fit with the recommended flights you need to book the hotel from Friday 19 (if you land in Bogota on the Friday evening), Saturday 20 (if you land on Saturday morning or evening) or Sunday 21 (if you land on Sunday) until Saturday 27 January.
Each person books their own conference ticket. The cost is COP 170,000 (about £44 at today's exchange rate). Follow these steps to complete your booking.
- Visit the G12 International Conference website. To book you will need your passport number, address, phone number & also the cardholder's passport number'
- The name of the ticket you need to select is CONVENCIÓN PLATINO-DÍA ENERO 2018
- Choose number of tickets you would like to purchase by clicking in the ticket box and click next
- Click on the ‘Add register’ button and fill in your details. Please note that you will need your passport number to hand to complete this step.
- When asked to select country, be aware that this is Spanish. Select ‘Reino Unido’ for the UK
- Under the Ministry heading, choose the option ‘G12 Church’ and type in the rest of the form.
- Translation sets will be needed but this is not an option on the form so you can leave as is. More below.
- Once complete with the form, accept the terms and conditions and select save.
- Select ‘ continue registration’ at the bottom of the page. This will direct you to the site where you can make your payment.
- Select the first option ‘Continuar donacion’ and follow the steps to pay for your ticket(s).
MCI have not made the arrangements for translation sets yet. We will advise when we know. In January 2017 the costs were £23 per person. So please budget around the same cost for this year.
Arranged by KCI
It is important to have pre-arranged transport in Bogota. KCI will arrange minibuses:
- from the hotel to the conference and back each day
- to and from the airport (as long as you are on the recommended flights)
- to a pre-arranged venue each evening for those who would like to go out.
Guides & Coordinator
It is important to have good Spanish-speaking local guides. KCI will arrange with MCI for a guide to be provided for each minibus. We have also recruited Emmanuela Frimpong to be our coordinator for the trip - who (liaising with Paola Rodriguez and Paul Webb) will be the focal point for organising the trip - thank you Emmanuela!
Nationalities are seated together and at certain moments greet the rest of the auditorium. In previous years it has been amazing fun when everyone has a British flag (or drum or klaxon!). We will source some British regalia for everyone and have included the cost of this below.
Payment to KCI
The following costs are paid directly to KCI and are outlined in the 'Arranged by KCI' section above.
£115 Transport in Bogota
£60 KCI Coordinator, local guides & British regalia
£20 Party Bus; an evening out on a disco bus including a meal with views over Bogota
The total cost of the elements arranged by KCI is £175
(or £195 if you opt for the party bus)
Please send your payment to KCI by bank transfer by 15 December.
Account Nr: 11635558
Sort Code: 163127
Ref: Bogota + your name (e.g. Bogota Emmanuela Frimpong)
Although not exhaustive, please see the most important things to do in preparation for travelling to Colombia.
- Check your passport is in date. It must be at least 6 months valid from the time you land back in the UK after the conference. Your passport must also have 2 spare pages.
- If you are not a British citizen check whether you need a visa
- Payment to KCI (by 15 December)
- Book your flights
- Book your hotel
- Book your conference ticket
- Book your translation set (not yet available)
- Make sure you have travel insurance
- Check UK government advice for travelling to Bogota
- Send through confirmations of flight itinerary, hotel and conference ticket to Emmanuela once you have completed everything
If you have any other questions, please speak to Emmanuela Frimpong by emailing her at email@example.com